Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Bike T.O, You Bike T.O, We can all bike T.O.

Check out the new website IBikeTO.ca - a resource for commuter cyclists and wannabes in Toronto. Its the brainwave of a group of enthusiastic cycling activists including myself, and we've just launched the site. The main feature is a group blog, but we also have discussion forums, profiles of commuting cyclists to inspire you to get started, and a still evolving guide.

Want some fun things to do in Toronto while meeting other cyclists? Come on out to our events - we are hosting a weekly social ride. Tonight (Wed May 2) we'll tour the Humber trail before winding our way back to Bloor Street for food and bevvies (probable destination: Dark Horse pub) Meet outside of Old Mill subway station at 6:30.

For bike week, we are hosting a photo scavenger hunt downtown on Sat June 9th. Ride your bike around while taking photos of bike themed things - with a prize for the winning team.

If you bike T.O. and have an interesting story of why you bike T.O. perhaps you'd like to be one of our featured commuter cyclists! Leave me a comment or email and let me know. In fact, I'd love to hear from any Toronto cyclists that may be lurking on my blog - so leave me a comment. (in fact any lurkers should comment!)